- Professional and Academic English (P&AE) accepts previously unpublished work on topics of
significance to its readers.
- Authors do not need to be IATEFL ESPSIG members.
- After submission to P&AE, authors are requested to refrain from submitting their papers to other
journals until a publication decision is made.
- Only one submission per author, or joint authors, is accepted for each issue.
- Articles should be 5,000 to 6,000 words, excluding references, tables and appendices. Insights
into teaching and classroom practice may be shorter than 5,000 words, but not longer than 6,000.
- Book reviews should be approximately 400-800 words, excluding references.
- Authors must state whether they are submitting an article, classroom report or a book review.
- To facilitate the double-blind review that this journal is using, authors should include a separate
cover page with the following information: title, author’s name/authors’ names, each author’s
affiliation, each author’s full postal address, each author’s e-mail address, each author’s short
biography of no more than 50 words.
- The main body of the paper should contain the following: title, abstract, the article, references,
appendix/appendices (if any).
- In order to ensure anonymity during the reviewing process, the main body of the paper(including
notes, footnotes, captions, references)should not contain any identifying information such as the
authors’ names or affiliations. In case any such information is included, the submission will be
returned to the author(s) for the removal of all identifying information.
- All submissions should be Word documents. Formatting: title – Calibri-Bold 16; section titles –
Calibri-Bold 14; subsection titles – Calibri 13 bold italic; sub-subsection titles – Calibri 13 italic;
body text – Calibri 12; line spacing – single. Figures/tables/graphs/charts: centred, each type
numbered consecutively, with the caption centred and placed underneath. Punctuation: no full
stop after titles/subtitles/sub-subtitles; single quotation marks for direct quotations, double
quotation marks for quotations within quotations. Footnotes can be used and should be
numbered consecutively throughout the article.
- The formatting of references in the text and in the reference list should follow the guidelines
stated in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th+ Edition.
- Images should be of a high resolution (at least 300 dpi).
- Manuscripts that may require editing to eliminate possible grammatical, spelling and punctuation
errors in order to conform to correct scientific English will be subject to developmental editing.
- All submissions are to be sent by email attachment to [email protected], using the
following file names:
Articles: Dec21_article-cover_surname_initial(s) and Dec21_article_surname_initial(s);
Book reviews: Dec21_review-cover_surname_initial(s) and Dec21_review_surname_initial(s);
classroom practice: Dec21_classroom-cover_surname_initial(s) and
Memories of Mark Krzanowski: Dec21_Mark-cover_surname_initial(s) and
Download the Submission Guidelines as a PDF